Thursday, December 1, 2011

Clyde Returns

Four years ago we were told about one of our favorite Christmas traditions, The Elf on the Shelf.   We happened to name ours Clyde and he makes the count down to Christmas so much more exciting.  The kids can hardly wait to get out of bed and find out where Clyde has hidden in the house.  Of course, it is always nice to remind the kids of how Clyde is watching them and reports to Santa each night.  Last night we read the book The Elf on the Shelf to remind everyone of what would happen.  Last year Ella was just a baby, but this year she is really excited about it.  The first day of December Clyde comes to the house and is always in the tree and.....he usually leaves a little something for the kids.  This year he left place mats, cups, bowls and plates with Elf on the Shelf on them as well as two books for each kid in their Santa mailbox.  I had three happy kids!  The look on Allison's face when she walked down the stairs and saw the table set with all the Elf stuff was priceless.  A little side note:  Allison said to me this morning, "Oh Clyde came last night.  I better go find him."  My reaction was OH NO!!!!!  Of course I forgot.  I sent her to the bathroom to change before coming down and I had everything set up before she finished!  She is getting so much older that it is hard to pull one over on her, but I managed to do it and it is just so much fun!  I am hoping to get at least another year out of her:)

The kids at the table with their new books and Elf on the Shelf table settings

Allison shows off her new books

Crazy haired Ella shows her Dora books

Connor loves super heroes and Power Rangers

Such cute table settings


Where is Clyde?

I barely had time to get him on the tree.


Clyde left a note for the kids too:)

No comments:

Post a Comment