Sunday, March 20, 2011

March Madness

The time change has hit the Alguire clan hard.  The kids are having a hard time going to bed when it is "still wake up time" (Connor) and Craig and I are having a hard time getting up to exercise.  Just when I think we have all adjusted, Connor has gotten up way before the sun has risen.  Yesterday he ended up in our bed at 5:30 and Craig finally got up with him around 6:45.  Today he was getting out of bed and coming down the hallway at 6:15.  WAY earlier than I wanted to get up on a weekend, but he is feeling pretty lousy and when my kids are sick,  I am a sucker for bending the rules.

Last weekend we had a fun visit from our good friends, the Bruderlys.   We have been friends with them since medical school and for the last 5 years, they have been wonderful friends to Allison, then Connor, and now Ella.  We had a ball catching up, going to the library, having some other friends over to see them and then having pizza together!

Thursday I took the older two for dental appointments.  Although Allison has gone a few times, this was a first for Connor and I was unsure if he would cooperate.  He was amazing.  They took x-rays, cleaned his teeth, the doctor looked at his teeth and finally, he got a prize.  I was impressed, to say the least.  Allison has four teeth that are loose, including her top two.  I am hoping to get their pictures taken in the next week WITH her two front teeth:)

This week was a fun week for us as the Grand Haven Lady Bucs made it to the state semi-finals at the Breslin Center in East Lansing.  Although Craig had work, I decided this was worth going to even if I had to do it on my own.  So, as soon as Allison was finished with school I picked her up and we hit the road to East Lansing.  It was an amazing game and tons of fun for all us.  Thankfully, my aunt Donna and cousin, Amy saved us three awesome seats.  Unfortunately, they lost by one point!  After the game I let the kids run outside and then we journeyed down to Grand River to find some food.  We ended up at an old Ann Arbor favorite, Pot Belly's .  Then we were back in the car and headed home.  The kids were awesome and it really was a fun day.

Saturday morning Craig and I ran the Irish Jig.  It is a local 5K in East Grand Rapids that attracts thousands of runners.  It is amazing how may fast runners are at this 5K.  The top male runner finished in the 14's and the female in the 16's.  This is insane!!!  Craig finished the race in 18:32 seconds and I finished in 21:36.  Not too bad for our first race of the season.  It was a separate male and female start, so were exchanged kids at 9:20 and I walked to the start of the womens' race that started at 9:35.  After the race we walked to the library and let the kids play for a while.  We were back home by noon for Ella's nap.  Then we were off to Grand Haven for some time with GG and Papa, some pizza at Clover Bar with my parents and the Springers and then home.

Here are some pictures of the week or two:

Connor enjoying the drum at the Library

Owen, Connor, Allison, Ella and Charlotte

Silly faces

Ella at Java Gym

Connor getting his teeth cleaned

Allison waiting to get her teeth cleaned

prizes

Happy KID

St. Patty's day cookies at the dentist:)

Lady Bucs B-ball game at the Breslin Center

Connor

Magic Johnson and the kids

Saying hi to the Grand Haven Buccaneer

Allison with the Buccanneer

Allison, Owen and Charlotee

No comments:

Post a Comment