Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!

I haven't blogged in a while as three out of the five of us were hit hard with the flu/colds/gunk and are finally on the road to recovery.  It all started a week ago Saturday while we were up north and Ella spiked a fever.  From then on, it just went down hill.  Sunday Ella started getting super stuffed up, coughing and the fever continued.  Connor followed with a fever and very stuffy, then the cough came as well.  Sunday night I didn't feel quite right and by Monday morning it began to hit me.  So all last week we spent trapped, except for taking Allison to dance class.  I literally carried Ella on my hip the entire week.  By Friday I saw little improvement in Ella and I took her in.  She had lost 1.5 lbs in the last 5 weeks, was having difficulty breathing, was coughing and conjested.  She was just plain miserable.  They tested her for a few things, worried about pneumonia, but when she responded well to the nebulizer, they sent me home with one and told me to take her in immediately if her fever continued through the weekend.  Luckily, it didn't.  Connor continued to have a runny nose, but seemed to be improving.  Me on the otherhand, I seemed to go downhill quickly.  Saturday I drove to Spring Lake to get some help from my parents.  I too had a cough and extreme conjestion.  Every day for a week I woke up with one HUGE headache.  Simply put, I felt like my head was about to explode!  Saturday night I had the worst chills ever.  I slept with my pjs, my fleece jacket, all the normal bedding plus three blankets.  By morning I was exhausted.  Luckily I had my parents.  My father in-law checked me out and put me on a Z-pack.  Of course I have been extremely nauseated from the medication.  I tend to either get a rash or have some reaction to every anti-biotic.  Anyway, I am on my to recovery, I hope.

Today I had fun with Allison going to her school and running the BINGO center. I had a babysitter today so I had a break for a couple of hours this afternoon.  Looking forward to everyone feeling better.



Connor at GG's house

Allison at GG's house


Time for a breathing treatment



Watching a show together

Connor and Craig at GG's

Valentine's day breakfast at home



Dressed as spiderman and ladybug for Valentine's day

No comments:

Post a Comment