Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Connor

So for the last few months I have known that Connor was WAY too old to have a paci, but I just couldn't bring myself to take it from him.  At night and in the late afternoon when I wanted to rip my hair out, it was our saving grace.  So, when he came up to me three weeks ago and said, "I am ready to give my paci to another baby" I figured if I didn't take it that instant and get rid of it, it was just plain stupidity on my part.  So, I did take and it and all the other pacis that were hidden throughout the house and got rid of all of them.  Later that day he did have some paci remorse saying that he wanted it back and he wasn't ready to give it away.  However, he had no problems going to sleep and only asked for it one other time after that.  It was WAY to easy.  Thank goodness he still has his blanket which I told him he could keep "FOREVER".

Here are a few funny things he has said or been doing

He sings Jingle Bells Batman smells Robin laid an egg Batmoblie lost its wheel and Joker got away at least 30 times a day.  He is making us crazy and we beg him to stop.  His other favorite is WHO LET THE DOGS OUT.  Thanks, Craig

When I told him he couldn't have his paci right then he said, "Oh why do you have to be so mean to me?"

Ella was playing with "his" stroller and he started to grab it so I told him to stop and then brought her stroller over to her.  Two seconds later he didn't want his anymore.  So, I said, "Why did you have to take it when you didn't even want it?" He replied, "I didn't take it, you did."

Before going to the pool he said, "Can I take this car to the pool?" I said, "No, I don't want you to loose it." He said, "I don't want you to tell me I can't take it because I want to take it."

Lately he has been running away and hiding from us.  Particularly in the library or museum or some place where there are a lot of people and he could easily be taken.  It makes my blood stir and I just about go insane!  Today he ran out of storytime after getting his stamps.  I had already told him that if he ran away we would have to leave.  So, staying true to my word, I bundled them up and dragged them to the car.

I am praying that this gets better soon!

These are just a few of the crazy things he has been doing and saying.  He is SOO much different from Allison was, but I am learning to embrace the differences:)

No comments:

Post a Comment