Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Preparing for the Holidays

The last week or so has been a lot of fun gearing up for the Holidays.  We kicked off the Holiday Season by going to the Santa Parade downtown Grand Rapids.  It was a VERY cold morning, but a fun way to begin celebrating the season.  This week we took down the fall decorations and put up all the Christmas decorations.  I have found that the decorations I had for the condo are a bit scarce in the new house, but we will add something new each year.  This is by far my favorite time of the year!  I LOVE decorating the tree and enjoy it even more now that I can do it with Allison and Connor (Ella took a nap).

                         Allison is getting the weather report from the TV 8 weather man.


                                                          Allison enjoying the parade!

                       Ella having a snack at the parade.  This was before her hands were frozen solid
Craig and Connor liked the "dragon".  I thought it was a dinosaur from far away and Craig thought a gingerbread man.  I thought my guess was a bit better, but Craig disagreed.

Having a sucker and trying to stay warm.  

Santa's little helpers.  Connor and Allison help decorate the tree


My little elves

The stockings are hung and the Nativity collection is up. 


The tree is completed!

The kids have two sets of stockings and I thought this was the perfect place for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment